Friday, March 1, 2013

Frankie Stien Repaint



 Hello all!  This is my first repaint.  She was a Frankie Stein Doll and now she is a ... I guess softer version of herself.  I used nail polish remover to remove all the paint from her face and body and removed the 'bolts' in her neck with a razor blade and light sanding.  Then I used oil paint and oil pastels to create the facial features and then sealed it.  She is wearing Bratz doll jacket and skirt, socks that I re-purposed from a sweater my daughter no longer fits in and monster high shoes.  I am thinking about painting the shoes.  For a first try she isn't too bad.  I think when I do it again I will make the eye lids bigger.  Her eyes are a bit too big.  Oh, then there is the hair.  If anyone know how to get it laying flat again I would love to know.  Her hair is beginning to look a bit like mine (grey streaks and messy).  Maybe dolls are like dogs they look like their owners after a while ;)

The furniture is available at MiniPlaceStudio








No comments:

Post a Comment